My speaking engagements are always the highlight of my month.
Whether I’m addressing a room of aspiring nurse entrepreneurs, coaching a room of job seekers, guiding business colleagues through a business development exercise, or sharing career strategies with recent college graduates, I gain energy from inspiring and motivating others.
My own career journey began as a registered nurse, but a series of unexpected opportunities led me to reinvent my career multiple times. Each pivot enriched my understanding of the workforce, adding layers to my expertise. Now, as the CEO of Inspire Careers, I’m not just sharing theories; I’m sharing lived experiences that resonate deeply with my audience.
Speaking engagements are more than just a job for me – they are a chance to ignite a spark in others. The joy I feel when I see someone have that ‘aha’ moment during my talks is indescribable. My presentations are dynamic, engaging, and dare I say, “inspiring?” They’re designed to motivate and empower individuals to action.
From my home in Buffalo, NY to stage throughout the country, my message remains constant: It’s never too late to chase your dreams. I’m excited to share my insights and help your group achieve its goals. Let’s connect and make your next event an inspiring and transformative experience.
- Some of Cathy Lanzalaco's Previous Speaking Engagements -
Feedback from Cathy’s NRWA presentation for career service professionals, Beyond the Resume
- “Cathy gave me both ideas and the confidence to put them into action. This one workshop was easily worth the entire investment in attending.”
- “Cathy’s presentation was fabulous. Tons of actionable information and examples. Appreciated the opportunity to get hands-on time to put together ideas and get feedback.”
- “Informative, actionable, and inspiring! Cathy is a top-rate speaker!”
- “One of the most impactful sessions from this year’s conference for sure!”
Feedback from Cathy’s NNBA presentation for nurses, Leveraging LinkedIn
- “Thank you for your excellent LinkedIn presentation at the NNBA conference!”
- “I thoroughly enjoyed listening to you speak. You are a natural.”
- “Your talk both inspired and motivated me! As you can see, I came home and updated my profile! Thank you for your inspiration!”
- “I loved your presentation!”
- “Thanks for your great presentation!”
- “Great, informative presentation.”
- “We were very pleased with your presentation! You brought much-needed value to our NNBA Tribe and we thank you.”
What Venue Hosts and Peers Are Saying About Cathy Lanzalaco
You really knocked it out of the park! From the time I first met you at the 2018 NRWA Conference and viewed your winning ROAR resume, you have impressed me with your professionalism, skills, and expertise. Last year you shared your information about working with college students/new grads and blew me away. Now you shared the same level of expertise, but about the opposite end of the career spectrum. Your webinar was nicely organized, packed full of information, and very engaging.
– Norine Dagliano, NRWA Board Member, Trainer, and Conference Presenter
I had the pleasure of working with Cathy as she presented to the WNY Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals. Cathy presented on career transitions, and offered tips for employers and employees. Cathy’s presentation was dynamic. She included humor, dialogue, and shared her own experiences and vulnerabilities throughout the presentation – making it incredibly relatable to our audience. Cathy’s presentation was engaging and she encouraged feedback and discussion throughout. It was wonderful to see our audience smiling, laughing, and nodding along as she provided practical tips for overcoming the sometimes difficult nuances of career transitions. I have received very positive feedback from our attendees and we would be happy to work with Cathy again and recommend her to any organization looking for a dynamic speaker, facilitator, and resource.
– AnneMarie Haumesser, Assistant Vice President for Advancement at Canisius College
Cathy recently presented as a keynote speaker for a symposium that I put together to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association called “Inspire Career Success By Building a Confident Mindset.” Cathy was the first person I thought of when I had the idea. She produced an extremely well thought out presentation that was both informative and interactive. She gave clear examples and stories around what skills to focus on building up for career success and how to exude confidence in the workplace. Her excitement to support and help others in developing their career was very evident in how she interacted with the attendees. She provided a great balance of visuals, talking points, and opportunities for questions all within the time allotted. Cathy also stayed involved in the conversation for the rest of the symposium by supporting the other speakers and guests with great observations and follow-up questions. Cathy’s ability to skillfully engage audiences and provide industry leading ideas, best practices, and techniques make her the perfect choice for a keynote speaker to inspire career development success.
– Nick Koziol, Host of the That Sounds Terrific Podcast and Job Search Support Group
Cathy was the featured guest speaker for the Black Professionals in Food Safety & Quality networking group’s monthly development meeting, and she was phenomenal! She covered how to leverage LinkedIn. She provided the group with so many great tips about LinkedIn including how to build your brand and how to increase your visibility. Thank you Cathy for taking the time to speak to the group!
– Tia Glave, Co-Founder of Catalyst LLC and Founder of The Black Professional in Food Safety & Quality Networking Group
Cathy did a series of webinars for Webinar Wednesdays, a program run by the UB Office of Alumni Engagement. Our alumni enjoyed her presentations immensely and more and more came with each installment of her series. Comments included…..practical advice I can immediately put to use, explained so much, so succinctly, presenter’s style kept me entertained while educating. Every one loves her webinars and the recording watches show that. Working with Cathy was smooth, professional and simply put, wonderful! She is a wonderful presenter and would be an asset to anyone looking to work with her.
– Joy Wrona, Executive Assistant, Alumni Lifelong Learning at UB Office of Alumni Engagement
Hire Cathy for an Inspired Speaking Engagement
Speaker, Blogger, Podcast Host, Award Winning Resume Writer, Executive Career & Interview Coach, Job Search Strategist, LinkedIn Expert
ABOUT CATHY LANZALACO
I provide job seekers and career transitioners with the tools, coaching, and support they need to achieve their career goals.
After working in human resources for over 15 years, reviewing thousands of resumes, and interviewing hundreds of candidates, I wanted to share my extensive experience to help others succeed. With this in mind, I launched Write-Resume-For-The-Job in January 2017 and acquired Inspire Careers in October 2018 and proudly continue to serve local and national job seekers, as well as those transitioning into new careers.
POTENTIAL SPEAKING TOPICS
- Creating Positive Experiences for Employees and Employers
- Being Barbie in a World Full of Kens: Harnessing Femininity as Your Superpower
- HR Cares for Everyone. Who Cares for HR?
- Navigating Your Career Path During Times Of Uncertainty
- Attract, Not Chase the Job You Want
- Get Out of Your Own Way, and Get What You Want
- Winning Workplace Strategies for Women
And more…let’s create one that is right for your organization!
- MBA, SUNY Empire State University, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Registered Nurse, Sisters of Charity School of Nursing, Buffalo, NY
- President-Elect, The National Resume Writers’ Association
- In Transition Chair, Buffalo Niagara Human Resources Association
- The National Resume Writers’ Association
- Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches
- Career Directors International
- Career Thought Leaders
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Buffalo Niagara Human Resource Association (BNHRA)
- Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
- Certified Professional Career Coach (CPCC)
- Nationally Certified Online Profile Expert (NCOPE)
- Certified Empowerment & Motivational Professional (CEMP)
- Certified Strong Interest Inventory® and MBTI®
- Certified DISCstyles™ Communication Consultant (CDCC)
- Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Coach/Owner — Inspire Careers Career Coaching School (Virtual)
AWARD-WINNING RESUME WRITER
More Reviews from Venue Hosts and Career Industry Peers
Thank you, Cathy for taking the time to present to our American Academy of Professional Coders organization. We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience, as well as your guidance on providing invaluable tips on enhancing career opportunities. Making a good impression the first time comes with the skill of writing a resume that stands out from all others! Cathy’s abounding skills can help write a resume that will stand out from the rest. She is a professional coach when it comes to seeking employment in a career that you have your sights set on. She definitely captured the attention of our AAPC audience. They were very well engaged asking a lot of great questions! Great job with your presentation!
– Laurel Kropski, Billing and Coding Coordinator at Latus Medical Care
Cathy Lanzalaco is wonderful to work with. She is an exceptional career coach, resume writer and presenter. I partnered with Cathy to put on a career focused workshop through MassMutual New York State’s learning platform, The Establishment. Cathy exceeded my expectations with the content she delivered. The class attendees were engaged throughout the entire presentation and some even rated it as the best class they have attended. Cathy’s enthusiasm and passion for what she does is very inspiring. She is insightful and has an abundance of knowledge to help those looking for solutions related to their career.
– Marissa Dinello
Thank you so much for the excellent webinar. The number of attendees, beautifully professional PowerPoint slide deck, audience engagement, your clear, thorough responses to audience questions and numerous kudos indicated that you provided exactly what the audience needed.
– Jean Austin, NRWA Education Chair
Cathy is an award-winning resume provider and respected member of the Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches. She provided our membership with a fantastic presentation on working with students and recent graduates to create effective and impactful career documents. I have enormous respect for her commitment to working with graduates with professionalism and skills!
– Margaet Phares, Executive Director at Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches
Book Cathy for a Speaking Engagement:
Would you like to book Cathy to speak to your organization? Use the form below to get started.
Cathy’s speaking calendar is typically filled several months to over a year in advance. To extend an invitation for her to speak at your event, we encourage you to contact us today.
Cathy is available for keynotes, team development workshops, and inspired coaching sessions for teams of any size. She is comfortable speaking in professional settings or casual environments to meet your needs.
With authentic passion and clarity, Cathy speaks on topics from best practices of today’s resume writing, to how to build greater career success, to radical mid-career directional changes.
She will also customize a topic for your audience based on your specific needs.
Partner with Cathy to help your organization achieve its goals!
No stranger to reinventing herself, Cathy speaks confidently on how to identify, pursue, and attain the career you’ve always dreamed of.
Reserve your event now. Dates may be limited due to demand.