It was a sad day for me on Monday, April 13, 2015, when I learned that John Lucht, founder of RiteSite.com, and author of the book, Rites of Passage at $100,000 to $1 Million+, the #1 bestselling book on executive job-changing and career management, had died.
John was larger than life to me. He was witty, charming, and friendly, and at the same time, single-minded and opinionated… a combination of traits that helped him to succeed as an executive recruiter and as a gifted writer and thought leader in the career development industry.
When we first met in 2002, I asked John to consider putting me on his “team” to provide assistance to executives who had read his book and were struggling with writing their resumes. John took me under his wing, taught me his narrative writing style, and instructed me on the elements of an impactful executive resume. After working under his direction with several RiteSite members, John posted my profile, and the profile of one of my closest business colleagues, Beverly Harvey, who also learned John’s style, on RiteSite.com as a resource for members.
Over the years, I have met and worked with hundreds of RiteSite members, and I have sung praises of RiteSite and John Lucht to those who did not know him. I am happy to say that RiteSite will continue its mission to help executives succeed in job-hunting and advancing in their careers.
Rite Site continues to provide custom career services to executives including:
- An “Email My Resume” campaign that submits your resume to hundreds of the top retainer search firms in North America
- Confidential Posting of your Resume, accessible only by “Rites-Honored” recruiters – maintaining a high level of confidentiality for executives who are still in their current position.
- An Executive Jobs Board that includes searches by the prestigious firms honored on RiteSite. Many of these positions never appear anywhere else except on the individual recruiter websites. Additional executive-level positions also come in through RiteSite’s “Reconnaissance” feature.
- Opportunity Alerts (or email alerts) that notify you daily when jobs that meet your search criteria appear on RiteSite.
- Weekly Advice from John Lucht, including “Memos from John” and “Insights for the Journey,” available only to RiteSite members, aimed at putting RiteSite members ahead of all others in today’s difficult executive job market.
Flavia Weedn once wrote, “Some people come into our lives, and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” I have been blessed with John’s friendship, and his confidence in me as a writer and job search resource to members of RiteSite.
If you would like to learn more about John Lucht and his legacy, click here. To learn more about RiteSite, click here. To become a member of RiteSite today, click here. You will be blessed with all of John’s incredible insights – and the executive career management resources of RiteSite.com!